Here we are again with another rendition of my “Best of” series. I will only list here restaurants I have tried for the first time in 2014, but also list out my favorites from 2012 and 2013. Enjoy!
1. Fillings and Emulsions – You have to be cautious when tossing around the word “favorite” when you have been blogging for as long as I have, but it’s just sooooo good!
2. Elizabeth’s Bakery and Tea Shop – I think about the bacon puffs often!
3. Eva Bakery – Not just for breakfast and pastries anymore, they have a great dinner menu!
1. Mo Bettah Steaks – Great Hawaiian BBQ and sides.
2. Moki’s Hawaiian Grill – Loved the meats, loved their salads even more.
3. Spero’s House of BBQ – Have to go to Malad, but so good if you are traveling up I-15
Best Bar/Pub (2013 Winner Bodega)
1. High West Distillery – Cool vibe and great food.
2. Avenues Proper – Ditto
1. Blue Plate Diner – Long time Salt Lake City breakfast spot
1. Bumblebee BBQ – They used to be Wasatch Moon, new owners shook things up a bit.
2. Tony Burgers – Very tasty!
1. Takashi – How I was converted to sushi
2. Tosh’s Ramen – awesome appetizers
3. Tea Rose Diner – probably my favorite Thai spot
1. Nuch’s Pizzeria and Restaurant – Pizza is amazing but they do everything really well. Closed Mondays.
1. Taco Taco – Love these tacos!
2. Mi Ranchito Grill – Solid Mexican, get authentic specials on weekends.
1. Stoneground – NY Style pizza
2. Pizza Studio – Build your own, high quality
3. Pizza Rev – similar to Pizza Studio, very good as well
1. Le Sage Bistro Huge sandwiches!
2. T-pedos – located in the Chevron. Awesome meatball sandwich!
1. Pago – One of my favorite dinner spots
2. Log Haven – “most romantic” in Utah for a reason.
3. Texas de Brazil – every carnivore’s dream come true.
Best Food Truck (new)
1. Cupbop Korean BBQ – This place is taking Utah by storm!
2. Rubadue’s Saucy Skillet – always good!
3. Grub Truck – nice sliders
Best South American (2013 Winner Adobos)
1. Sabor Latino – above average.
Best of the Rest (more of my favorite places that didn’t fit into a category)
1. Aristo’s – Love it!
Best Out – of – State Restaurant I had to make this new section because this year I had a lot of reviews outside the state of Utah.
1. Katz’s Delicatessen NYC
2. St. Elmo’s Steakhouse Indianapolis
3. Alexander’s Steakhouse Cupertino
4. CBD Provisions Dallas
5. Bachi Burger Las Vegas
OVERALL FAVORITES FOR 2014
Always the toughest decision to make because it always changes. In 2012 I went with Moochies, Pat’s BBQ, and Bruges. In 2013 I went with Bake 360, Oh Mai, and R&R BBQ. These places will forever be some of my favorite places to eat in Salt Lake City. Here we go this year:
Silver: Cupbop Korean BBQ
Bronze: Fillings and Emulsions